Monday, March 05, 2007

Being Considerate

So, apparently whoever wrote the rules of life for guys told decided to make the chapter about consideration really short. Or they just decided to skip that part all together.

I know that I sound like a totally crazy girl right now, but I do have a reason for this.


Okay, so I've mentioned that I have been dating someone for the past few months. So, this past week was quite busy and we didn't speak on the phone until Friday. Tuesday there was that huge crash in the markets, and he works in finance so it basically made his job and week a living hell.

Anyway, we make plans to go out Sunday (yesterday, duh) because we both had already made plans with our friends for Saturday night. Okay, great.

The one thing that I should note here is that he sleeps until about 1 pm EVERY WEEKEND. This is something that I find annoying. I know that it's not something that I can control b/c hey, some people sleep late. Me, no, I'm up by 9 the latest on the weekends. Unless I was out until 4 am the night before. Which is an extremely rare thing for me.

Alright, so by 2:45 I had not heard from him so I called him and his cellphone (which is his only phone.) goes right to voicemail. I leave a message sounding happy, telling him to call me back at home.

I never hear back from him.

That is rude.

So, now I have no clue what to do. Look, I understand about having a rough week at work, and you just want to curl up in a ball and not talk to anyone. We've all been there.

What I don't understand is how it's okay to make plans with someone and not call them about it. I mean if you don't want to do something then let me know. Picking up the phone isn't a difficult thing to do. Unless you don't have hands.

I'm hurt and annoyed and have no clue what to do. I mean for all I know something could've happened, who knows. Or he could just be a total a-hole and I should just move on.

I hate boys and I hate dating. Maybe I should just become a nun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

"Picking up the phone isn't a difficult thing to do. Unless you don't have hands." That made me laugh for some reason. Did he ever call. I also can't stand when people sleep till 1; my boyfriend does it, although he thinks I'm a loser for going to bed at 10, so I guess it balances out.

3/05/2007  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I remember I posted once about NB always sleeping late and forgetting things we had planned and I remember you commented on how that would bother you, too. It just seems immature to me to be a "grown-up" and still sleep until 1 PM. Guys must not get the fact that habits like those do not make girls swoon, they make them think "I could never marry this guy!"

Anyway, that is really rude. If he's an unreliable person, though, maybe it's normal for him and something he forgot about. When he calls you back and tells you why he didn't call you back that day, make sure he's being sincere. I always try not to get mad at someone until I know for sure why. But, I don't think anything could be so bad he didn't have 5 minutes to call you back. Watch out for him unless he has a plausible excuse.

3/06/2007  
Blogger N.F. said...

Weirdness--did he ever call you back?

3/07/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home