Monday, February 12, 2007

Updates

Well, I've recovered from my trip to the UK. It was a great week, the conference was fun yet a little boring at times. Plus the food at the Holiday Inn where they had was terrible. I'm not a picky eater at all, but this food was right up there with my college cafeteria food. It was totally gross. The weekend in London was great, we out to for dinner Saturday night in Notting Hill to this Italian restaurant which was very good. As it should have been for 37 pounds. Then me, my boss, and one of my colleagues went out for a bit and met up with one of my friends. We went to a club, which normally isn't really my thing, but this was really fun. Sunday we toured around a bit in different neighborhoods, and then caught the train to Maidenhead which is 30 minutes to an hour outside of London. That's where our company headquarters are, and where the Holiday Inn was. My room at the Holiday Inn was very nice, much nicer than London. I was also happy to have my own room b/c in London I shared it with my boss and my co-worker. I did pretty well with the jet lag, I slept on the plane both on the way there and on the way home for a few hours. However, while watching the The Office I was doing everything in my power to keep eyes open. I also have to say that waiting in line for 45 minutes with 3 bags in the American Airlines check in at Heathrow is not fun, and the walk to the gate was additional 30 minutes at least, and again, with 3 bags that is not fun. I would also like to say that the food on the plane was gross too, but hey, its plane food so you can't expect something great.


My weekend wasn't very eventful, just went out to dinner Saturday night with my PBF, because I have no clue if he's seeing anyone else or not and I'm too scared to ask. The friend that I met up with on London was actually a friend of his, and when he was answering a question to another girl about who I was, he referred to me as "****'s girlfriend." Now, that's his friend saying that not him, so I don't know. We're doing someting on Wednesday for the lovely holiday that has been made cheesy by the greeting card industry. Nothing big though, we're saving that for the weekend when we both don't have to wake up early for work the next day. Sorry that I haven't spoken much about this, but I'm just taking it day by day and I'm also inept to dating now since I was out of it for a year-and-a-half.

Other than that I'm disappointed that the Bears lost the Super Bowl, but hey, life will go on. I also spoke to Steven via email 2 weeks ago, he told me that he had surgery on his shoulder because he tore a bunch of ligaments when he fell down some stairs. He told me that it makes him so happy that I'm doing well, and that he misses me every day. I had emailed him about some CD's that I have of his that I don't want, and I didn't have his address. It also just happened to be the day before his 30th birthday. I have to say that it was good to speak to him, and I know that I was pretty upset about breaking up, but now things in my life are starting to fall into place, and I'm happy. Everything really does happen for a reason.

Well, its time for my team meeting conference call. I hope everyone is doing well.

2 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm so jealous of your trip-but so glad that you are doing so well...with your ex and all. :)

2/13/2007  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Wow--I am so glad to hear your trip to London went well. I have never been but am dying to go. This new boy that you are talking about I don't know if I remember you mentioning him before, but I am happy that you are dating and that you have someone, etc. It's a relief to know talking with Steven didn't make you upset--I still am afraid that if I ever talk to NB again I will cry, but maybe not. Glad you got back safely! :)

2/16/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home